In addition to individual donations, there are other ways to support VDF:
- Matching Gifts. Matching gifts maximize your donation. Many companies offer matching gift programs that encourage employees to contribute to charitable organizations like VDF. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar – some even double or triple the amount of your gift! Please check with your company’s matching gift program or human resources staff to confirm if your company offers a matching gift program.
- Workplace Giving. If you work for the federal government, you can designate VDF as the beneficiary of or CFC (Combined Federal Campaign) pledge. Our CFC # is 11851. For other workplace giving campaigns at private employers, you can designate VDF by supplying our name and address and tax ID# as follows: Vascular Disease Foundation, 8206 Leesburg Pike, Suite 301, Vienna, VA 22182, Tax ID# 84-1460111.
- Stocks. You can maximize your tax benefits by donating appreciated securities that you’ve held for more than a year. For tax purposes, you’ll receive a letter of thanks from VDF indicating the mean value of the stock on the day VDF received it into its account – that will be the amount you can deduct as a charitable contribution. For more information on transferring stocks to VDF, contact our development department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.845.8500.
- Remember the Vascular Disease Foundation in Your Will. Please consult with your attorney or financial advisor when you prepare or update your will. Following is sample language that may be helpful in your preparation: “I [name], of [city, state, ZIP] do hereby give and bequeath to the Vascular Disease Foundation, whose federal tax identification number is and whose address is 8206 Leesburg Pike, Suite 301, Vienna, Virginia 22182, [written amount or percentage of estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Planned Gifts. There are several methods of supporting a non-profit that can provide you with certain tax benefits, called “planned gifts.” These may include cash, appreciated securities/stock, real estate, artwork, partnership interests, personal property, life insurance, a retirement plan, etc. For more information or to explore which planned giving vehicle might work best for you, contact our development department at email@example.com or 703.845.8500.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or visit www.guidestar.org and review the Vascular Disease Foundation’s information there, including our filings with the Internal Revenue Service.