Established in 1998 the Vascular Disease Foundation (VDF) is the only multidisciplinary national public 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on vascular diseases with the sole purpose of providing public education and improving awareness about vascular diseases.
To improve health for all by reducing death and disability from vascular disease.
VDF Strategic Goals:
- Increase awareness of vascular diseases by serving as a trusted resource and source of information for patients, their families and the public.
- Provide evidence based information on vascular diseases for health care professionals.
- Increase public involvement and commitment to the Vascular Disease Foundation.
- Improve health through advocacy for research and prevention and management of vascular diseases.
- Conduct a strategic funding program to support and expand Foundation programs and operations.
Initiatives and Accomplishments:
- Since 2000, through its publications, website, flyers, meetings, and television and radio public service announcements, VDF has served millions of people.
- VDF provides resources to the public that are reviewed by multidisciplinary teams to ensure the information is accurate and trustworthy. VDF championed an effort to form the national PAD Coalition. The Vascular Disease Foundation realized that by joining all vascular focused organizations, we could make vascular disease become known. Through an initial partnership with the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, of the National Institutes of Health, the national “Stay in Circulation: Take Steps to Learn about PAD” campaign was launched in the fall of 2006. The PAD Coalition has over 81 major national public health organizations and professional vascular societies and produced a professional awareness and educational campaign to dovetail with the public campaign.
- VDF has published “Keeping in Circulation” since 2000, a publication widely read by both patients and medical professionals. It is estimated that each issue receives 50,000 impressions. Articles are written by medical experts for the lay public, filling a need for patient information that is often difficult to find. VDF provides free educational materials to help the public understand vascular disease, risks, prevention, diagnosis and treatments. Our flyers serve as valuable tools for physicians and patients.
- Our website is currently visited by more than 42,000 people per month. The medical information offered on our site is written and approved by top medical professionals in the vascular field.